Thursday, July 20, 2017

Ass Soup

(Ass Soup could gag a maggot.)

Yesterday, I woke up at 10 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the newspaper while enjoying a bathroom break. According to The Times, the physically and mentally challenged in North Korea are routinely put to death. I'm not surprised. Even in South Korea, you don't see many crippled or retarded people. I suspect that most are aborted in their mothers' wombs. Korean society demands excellence. Losers simply aren't tolerated.

I went to the dentist. I have a bad tooth. The dental assistant didn't want to take me at first. She said that I had complained too much during my previous visit a month earlier. I was about to leave, but Miz Perfect had other plans. She demanded service and accused the woman of racism. Eventually, the dentist sat me in a chair and began his inspection. Luckily, my tooth can be saved. He told me to return the next day.

We drove to a local hospital to get Rice-Boy Larry's shot records. His new Chinese school requires them. It turned out that he needed one more injection for Hepatitis A.

Ken the Atheist started laughing. "It's going to hurt, Larry. And you're going to cry like a little baby."

But Larry never shed a tear. He's tough like his dad.

After that, it was time for lunch. We went to Muso once again and enjoyed the all-you-can-eat beef barbeque. I stuffed my face like a grotesque fat man. The hot juice from the meat ran down my chin and left several stains on my clothing. Table manners have never been my forte.

Then it was time for our haircuts. Ken and I just got a regular cut which took no time at all. But Rice-Boy Larry opted for a perm. Even though he's only nine-years-old, he likes to look good. The procedure took over two hours.

Ken the Atheist decided to go to the PC room. He's addicted to a game called Overwatch. Meanwhile, Miz Perfect and I visited a soju hoff. She ordered a large bowl of Ass Soup. Ass Soup is my generic term for most Korean stews. Why? They all smell like ass. Ass Soup could literally gag a maggot. God knows how they eat it.

We arrived home at 10 p.m. I said my prayers and went to bed. I slept like the dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment