Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Lotte Water Park

(I'm not a huge fan of Lotte Water Park in Gimhae.)

Yesterday, I woke up at 9 a.m. and drank a cup of freshly brewed coffee. Then I read the paper while enjoying a bathroom break. A Chinese woman named Cheng took her three-year-old daughter to an amusement park. The little girl became fascinated by a ride which featured spinning seats shaped like coconuts. She reached out to touch the ride and was struck in the head. She suffered a blood clot in her brain. Luckily, the doctors were able to remove the clot. However, the procedure was expensive, costing more than $26,000.

We drove to Gimhae to visit Lotte Water Park. Perhaps I'm a Grinch, but I found the place to be a giant rip-off. Four tickets came to $170, and we weren't even allowed to sit on a beach chair. The powers-that-be charged us another $20 for that privilege. A thunder storm hit, and we tried to take refuge under a wooden platform that had a roof. However, we were kicked out because the platforms actually cost $150 to rent for the day.

We spent the night in a love motel. These are places where young Koreans go to fornicate. But the price was right, so I didn't complain. I paid less than $50. You can't beat that. Plus the room was clean and spacious. It featured a large flat-screen television and a computer. South Korea is an expensive country. However, love motels are truly a bargain.

Miz Perfect asked the desk clerk to lead her to a good sashimi restaurant. That kind of pissed me off a bit. We live on a peninsula which is dotted with raw fish establishments. It's not like we needed a guide. Furthermore, the guy sat down and ate with us. He simply wouldn't go away.

I said, "Tell him that he has a huge snot hanging out of his nose."

And this was true. It was putting me off of my dinner.

She said, "I not tell him. It imporite."

"Then I'll tell him."

"You shut da mouth."

I drank a lot of soju, and eventually his unsightly booger became a non-issue.

After sashimi, we walked to a nearby McDonald's. We bought several Big Macs and French fries for the children. I ordered five apple pies. I noticed that Miz Perfect was talking to the girl at the counter in English.

I scolded her. "Use Korean or she'll get the order wrong."

The girl said, "I studied in America for several years. I'm not going to get the order wrong."

I said, "Sorry, I didn't realize you knew the language so well."

We walked back to the motel. I fell asleep before my head hit the pillow. But Rice-Boy Larry started crying in the middle of the night. I thought that he was hurt or something. Maybe he had been bitten by an insect.

I said, "What's wrong?"

He said, "I had a dream."

I said, "What did you dream about?"

He said, "I dreamt that you sold me for $60."

"Only 60 bucks? I could get a better deal than that."

I put my head back on the pillow. I slept like the dead.

2 comments:

  1. it is weird how dreams happen.

    and also sleep.

    frankly though, all of it is weird. chewing food. swallowing. poop. money. breathing.

    posting anonymous comments on eatingdog blogs is, however, perfectly normal. which is why people have done it for centuries.

    here is lotte water park on a rainy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anonymous.

      Thanks for your support.

      Cheers.

      Delete